Manassas Battlefield Stone House 150th Commemoration

Manassas Stone House 150th commemoration battle.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Manassas Battlefield Stone House 150th Commemoration

Description

This is an image taken across the street (Intersection of Highway 29 and Route 234) from the historic Stone House, originally erected in 1848 as a wayside inn for travelers on the toll road from Fairfax County to Fauquier County. It is the site of the First Battle of Manassas (or Bull Run) and became a field hospital during the Second Battle of Manassas.

Creator

Gettysburg Daily

Date

July 21, 2011

Contributor

Katie Adams

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Geolocation

Collection

Citation

Gettysburg Daily, “Manassas Battlefield Stone House 150th Commemoration,” Northern Virginia Digital History Archive, accessed September 27, 2021, https://novahistory.ctevans.net/items/show/963.