Clifton - Buckley Store

buckley_store_1.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Clifton - Buckley Store

Description

On the Placard: "From a pin to a plow" was the Buckley Brothers' motto for their general store which was the largest store between Alexandria and Front Royal at one time. Since the Clifton School did not own a scale, the scales in the store were used to weigh the school children, as well as grain and nails. The Buckley Store remained in the family until 1951. Former First Lady, Nancy Reagan, dined here on three occasions.

Creator

John Thomas

Date

11/26/2015

Contributor

John Thomas

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Geolocation

Tags

Collection

Citation

John Thomas, “Clifton - Buckley Store,” Northern Virginia Digital History Archive, accessed September 24, 2021, https://novahistory.ctevans.net/items/show/990.